11. Which living person do you most despise? I have a long list of enemies; I think every really interesting person must. There were a series of girls in middle and high school who made my life a living hell. Mean girls who picked me apart – my looks, smarts and systematically tried to crush whatever floundering confidence I possessed. Now I realize it was their massive insecurity driving the pattern of bullying, but you know something – I still despise them. Really. If I ran into them I would be tempted to just spit in their face or knock them to the floor. Maturity be damned.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
I think confidence is the sexiest quality a man can possess. That and the ability to laugh at himself.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
I like real people, gender is unimportant, who are sincere and honest. I appreciate most the qualities I lack, so friends who are gregarious, socially adept beings with a spot-on sense of humor really intrigue me.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Not sure about what words I overuse in speech, but I’ve made quite a list of those I overuse in my writing. I won’t bore you with the whole thing, but I always keep on the look out for the “weasel” words seem, perhaps and maybe. I’ve noticed that silent, shadow and darkness as well as glinting, flash and whirl are also prevalent.
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My husband is the greatest love of my life, and by extension of him our son. I love books and that feeling of being alone in the middle of the woods under a canopy of large trees, but people come first.